GDPR Data Policy
Brackenwood Windows Ltd recognises the importance of protecting the personal information and the privacy of data provided by you (and that which may personally identify you).
Information we may collect from you
If you enter your personal details on our website, we’ll ask you for your name, address, telephone numbers (mobile and land) and email address.
As part of our commitment to raising standards, we may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations, emails, text and webchat conversations) for quality assurance, legal, compliance and training purposes.
Each time you visit our website we may automatically collect any of the following information:
- 1. a) Information about our website visitors:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, domain name and country which requests information, the files requested, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), time and length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and information provided when requesting further service or downloads; and
- if you are a user of a mobile application, your location data so that we can help you to locate our products and services and, if you are a service provider, so that we can monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of any services that you provide to us.
- b) Information about the goods or services we provide to you:
- information needed to provide goods or services to you (including information on account opening forms, details of your order, order history, payment details, delivery address, delivery requirements and restrictions, trade references and tax information);
- the name you give us for personalised products;
- customer services information; and
- customer relationship management and marketing information
- c) If you choose to use social media in order to contact us or find out about our products or services, your profile information (including your preferences and interactions with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and information which you post on message boards which are relevant to our business.
The legal basis we rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. We use Legitimate Interest. In the situations where we collect and process your personal data, we require it to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business.
How we use this information
We collect, use and store your personal information for the following reasons:
- to allow our advisers, agents and sales representatives to follow up our service, either by email, telephone, text, mail, message service or any other communication systems we adopt as part of our business strategy and our customer care procedure;
- to help us to understand your needs and provide a better service;
- to help us to improve our products and services;
- to enable us to occasionally contact you for market research purposes;
- to enable us to send you information about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer our websites;
- to improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- to provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- to facilitate our internal record keeping;
- to enable you to participate in our competitions and promotions;
- to carry out marketing analysis and applicant profiling (including with transactional information) and create statistical and testing information;
- to help to prevent and detect fraud or loss;
- to process orders which you place for goods or services from us;
- to prepare before and after photographs of enhancements to your property to use for marketing purposes;
- for improvement and maintenance of our website and the app and preparing reports or compiling statistics in order to improve our goods and services. Such details will be anonymised as far as is reasonably possible and you will not be identifiable from the information collected;
- to monitor your interactions with us and our brand online, if you contact us on social media, including Messenger and WebChat, where it is in our legitimate interests to do so for market research and for planning future marketing campaigns;
- to amplify an event to a broader audience and for internal presentation purposes, we may use your photograph or video footage from an event where it is in our legitimate interests for marketing and business development purposes or where we have your consent; and
- to contact you to invite you to write a news article about our products and services; to invite you to events, send you promotional material and for press releases if you are a journalist, where it is in our legitimate interests.
- to provide relevant goods or services to you or your employer (including, to confirm and process orders, for administration of your account with us, customer loans, tax and export, billing and debt collection purposes and the collection of bottles (where applicable);
- to deal with any enquiries or issues you have about our goods and services, including any questions you may have about how we collect, store and use your personal information, or any requests made by you for a copy of the information we hold about you. If we do not have a contract with you, we may process your personal information for these purposes where it is in our legitimate interests for customer services purposes;
- to send you certain communications (including by email or post) about our goods and services such as service announcements and administrative messages (for example, setting out changes to our terms and conditions and keeping you informed about our fees and charges);
- to allow you to attend our events or participate in competitions and to send you photos that you have permitted us to take of you;
- for health and safety and quality assurance;
- to carry out statistical analysis and market research;
- to contact you (including by email or post) with information about our products and services which either you request, or which we feel will be of interest to you (including newsletters), but only where you have consented to this;
- to identify and implement business efficiencies and for internal corporate reporting, business administration, ensuring adequate insurance coverage for our business, ensuring the security of company facilities, research and development;
- to comply with any procedures, laws and regulations which apply to us – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others to comply, as well as where we are legally required to do so.
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others, as well as where we are legally required to do so.