What Is the Best Front Door for Security?
The best front doors for security have reinforced frames, a multi-point locking system and premium adjustable hinges. Double glazing should be laminated and certified to PAS 24 2016 standards.
When choosing a front door, it is essential to consider security and opt for a model that provides you with the highest possible level of protection from forced entry or vandalism.
Brackenwood supplies only the highest quality front doors with enhanced security, made to police-approved standards. Here are the elements of security that you should look out for when purchasing a front door:
- A multi-point locking system – Brackenwood doors have a ten-point locking system with two hooks, two finger bolts and a deadbolt for maximum peace of mind
- Multiple opposing steel hooks to maximise strength
- Anti-lift bolts to prevent door locks from being dislodged
- A centre latch for ease of day-to-day operation
We also provide an optional premium upgrade to SBD solid or limited glazed doors for the ultimate protection from unwanted intrusion.
Should you opt to include a double glazed panel in your front door, the best way to ensure optimal security is to insist that the glazing has been performance-tested to BS EN 356:2000 standards and that the sealed unit features at least one sheet of 6.4mm laminated security glass that is compliant with PAS 24 2016 standards.
Got a question or looking for personalised advice? We’re always happy to help — contact us now or submit an online enquiry.
Related Topics in Our Double Glazing Security Guide:
- Are Stable Doors Secure?
- How to Secure Double Doors
- How to Secure French Doors That Open Out