The Directors and Senior Management of Brackenwood Windows Limited are committed to ensuring that the FCA principle of treating customers fairly (TCF) is applied in all areas of our day to day business activities.
In adopting the TCF principle we recognise that fair treatment of our customers is about adding value to the service we offer by aiming to:
- Protect the interests of our customers at each stage of the product life cycle, from promotion right through to after-sales service.
- Meet as best we can the unique needs of each customer by offering a transparent, efficient and professional service, and constantly reviewing our service to identify areas for improvement.
In practical terms for the different areas of our business this means:
- Ensuring that promotional material is clear, compliant and accurate.
- Ensuring that sales staff (both on and off-site) have thorough training on all products they sell.
- Operating sales remuneration systems which assure fairness to the customer as well as customer satisfaction.
- Finding ways to encourage non-sales staff to implement TCF in their day to day business activities.
- Encouraging after-sales contact with customers to correct or improve on the service already offered.
- Ensuring that customer complaints are assessed fairly, promptly and impartially, and in line with FCA deadlines and rules.
- Encouraging staff to recommend improvements to service following customer complaints – and monitoring the outcome.
- Ensuring that staff are kept up to date with relevant training in relation to competence, data protection and other matters directly affecting the quality of service offered to customers.
- Ensuring that TCF values, which are set and communicated by Senior Management, are supported by all staff and understood in the same way.